Monday 8 December 2014

My Books Of The Year

In no particular order the ten best books I've read this year are :

Pereira Maintains by Antonio Tabucchi
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
The five Patrick Melrose novels by Edward St.Aubyn (I count these as one book as I read them all back to back in one week)
Harvest by Jim Crace
H Is For Hawk by Helen MacDonald (for once all the acclaim is completely justified)
Quiet by Susan Cain
The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber
Godfrey's Ghost by Nicolas Ridley (thank you Andrew Weatherell for the recommendation)
Travels With Epicurus by Daniel Klein
Water & Sky by Neil Sentance

As usual, I wish I'd had time to read more and write this blog more regularly. The pile of unread books continues to grow but I've decided there's nothing I can do about that except sleep less.

No comments:

Post a Comment